A little introspection
Substance Use Disorder Self-Assessment
- Do you drink or use to feel better emotionally or physically?
- Has drinking or using caused you to miss work?
- Do you lie about or under report your drinking or using?
- Do others “cover” for you because of your drinking or using?
- Does your drinking or using cause you financial problems?
- Do others complain about your drinking or using?
- Have you been arrested more than once for driving under the influence?
- Do you feel unable to stop using or drinking?
- Do you hide your drinking or using?
- Do you drink or use in the morning?
- Do you sometimes feel you need to drink or use to function?
- Do you find that your drinking or using is increasing?
- Do you do things when you are drinking or using for which you are later ashamed or sorry?
- Do you have more than 14 (7 women) drinks a week or more than 4 (3 women) drinks in a day?
(One standard drink is 12 ounces beer, 5 ounces of wine, 1.5 ounces of spirits)
- Have you broken promises to yourself (or others) about stopping or limiting your drinking or using?
One answer “yes” is a cause for concern. You either have or may develop a substance use problem.
Three or more “yes” answers indicate that you have a substance use disorder that needs immediate attention.
Confidential – No Obligation